Wednesday, November 18, 2009

henry's journal

"How vain it is to sit down to write when you have not stood up to live.” Henry David Thoreau



A year or so ago I found a great blog: This Date from Henry David Thoreau's Journal. I love reading what Thoreau was writing 150 years ago today.

Not only do I love to read his truely poetic descriptions of nature and observations of humanity, but I get inspired to write myself. I've been a journal keeper most of my life. Lately, though, I've been pretty bad at it. A baby is keeping me busy. Which is exactly why I should be writing now, too, and recording my adventures of new motherhood. In fact, I've started (started but not doing a very good job of keeping) a journal for Axel as well. I want to record his milestones, his precious and funny moments, significant things that happen in his little life that he'll forget. I'm a keeper of two lives right now and I really need to stop typing this post and start writing in some journals...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...